Imagine you have product assembly data on your desktop. The designer next to you has related files on his computer, and a new designer 500 miles away has even more. Without a good data management solution, trouble is waiting to happen.
SolidWorks PDM software lets you create an efficient, scalable database with built-in safeguards against losing or overwriting data. It stores both CAD models and supporting documents, such as text and graphic documents and emails, in a repository that’s easy to use. It also scales to accommodate growing amounts of data. SolidWorks PDM can help you
- Collaborate across multiple offices, multiple time zones and even multiple continents
- Reuse standard parts data cost-efficiently, rather than recreating them from scratch
- Ensure your team has immediate access to the latest product data available
- Save time and simplify searching through files and designs for the right data
- Streamline workflows, improve performance and cut costs enterprise-wide
Collaborating, sharing knowledge and re-using data are critical to your success. But sharing often means wasting time searching for the right data. It means risking data loss when you accidentally overwrite files with older versions. It means wasting money when manufacturing uses the wrong version of a file.
Have we designed anything like this before? Do we still have the CAD models? Is there any documentation? Who worked on it and when? Shouting across the room to ask one of these common questions doesn’t work when that person is a thousand miles and three time zones away.
For more details click here